Wednesday, March 21, 2007

GUERRILLA GIRL



Frank Piasecki Poulsen is a Danish who creates movies. In 2005 he released a movie where his intention was to show the human side of a "terrorist group" called FARC (Fuerzas Armadas de Colombia). He based it on the fact that FARC have been declared as a terrorist group by the US and the EU.

This movie was shown in Colombia in 2005 and I just watched it on SBS the other day.(http://www.sbs.com.au/).
I was greatly interested on taking a look to this documentary when announced in Australian TV, unfortunately, I felt like the movie was no real and without knowing it was from Denmark, I thought it was made by Venezuela's government.

What was shown in this doc was simply false. I am Colombian and I have lived there for 23 years. FARC men and woman are not victims and do not represent the people from Colombian, in fact, a majority of the population is sick of the war.

I am returning soon from a two years period of studies here in Australia. I don’t know if these two years here affected my hearing, but I am pretty sure the accent of some of the girls in the movie is Venezuelan and not Colombian, I might be wrong but that’s how I felt it.

No comments: