Saturday, June 17, 2006

SPANGLISH




No doubt USA is the country where Spanglish is widespread, however, Australia is not an exception, and even when I dont want to relate to names I can say I have heard, things such: "Tú eres más HAIRY en COMPARISON TO HIM", it should be "you are more hairy compared to him" or "tú eres mas peludo en comparacion a el".

Spanish speaking people call the city "la city".

There are others like "Tell me LO TODO", it should be "Tell me everything" or "Dimelo todo". (horroroso)

In USA is more common thought, the hispanics there use the word "so" in th middle of a conversation in spanish, and call things such a carpet, "la carpeta".

I remember being there listening to things like:

"Ya me voy a get up"
"Voy a diggear el piso"

______________________________________


Una bien campeona es "te voy a llama pa tras" que viene del "call back" en ingles.
El pais que mas recuerdo ver mezclar esto, ademas de los chicanos (que no son un país) es Purto Rico.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Una vez en un viaje a USA, escuché a una muchacha en una tienda de MIAMI, decirle a otra: "You gotta see las cortinas".