Monday, July 17, 2006

HYDRA




Thinking on the violence problem and human beings, I wonder what was the biggest cause of deaths, and even though natural disasters and natural deaths and all that stuff counts for a lot of people dying, the reality is, we just kill each other, how? Mostly with guns, so I keep wondering who provides guns? I have always heard of countries such as USA and Russia (famous AK-47) think is Russian, and then I searched and found the five largest suppliers in the period 2001-2005, in order of value, were Russia, the U.S., France, Germany and the U.K. (is this magic?)
I know people in this countries kill each other, but I also know that is not as much as in countries in Africa, Asia and South America. I keep wondering and start searching results for Colombia and found that 80% of the homicides are done using firearms. (Is not that different in other countries).

The Hydra is mythical animal and real too with this amazing thing of having its parts growing when they were cut. (regeneration, let's call it).

That animal is named after this problem in Colombia, you do something here to fix it, but something then comes up!! I mention here Colombia because is where I come from, but I am sure that chinese, africans and some asians have a lot to say about this...

http://www.smallarmssurvey.org/

No comments: